There are many phases to the hCG diet and when you’re nearly at the end of your hCG diet journey (more commonly known as phase 3 of the diet), you are now allowed to increase your calorie intake per day.
Phase 3 of the diet has 2 sub-phases. In the first sub-phase, you shouldn’t eat foods with either sugar or starch. And in the second sub-phase of the hCG diet, you are now allowed to slowly add sugary and starchy foods in your diet.
Depending on your hCG diet plan, people can eat as much as 1500 calories. Again, phase 3 of the hCG diet is known as the maintenance phase and you should consult with your hCG dietitian to know the best calorie intake for you on the said phase.
Today, I am going to share with you a delicious recipe that is for the second sub-phase of phase 3. This dish is the hCG diet approved Mexican Steak. This not only provides your body with a lot of protein, but it is also very flavorful and it is packed with a lot of vitamins and minerals because of all the ingredients that are added.
So, to help you get started in cooking this amazing hCG diet approved dish, here are all the ingredients that you need:
- 6 oz lean steak
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- non-stick pray
- 1 diced tomato
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Jalapeno (this is optional and should only be used if you prefer a little bit of spice)
- The first thing you need to do is prepare the Mexican Salsa. Add the tomato, onion, lime juice, cilantro, and Jalapeno (again, Jalapenos are optional) in a blender or food processor. Pulse it lightly until all of the ingredients are chopped.
- The next thing you should do is create the steak rub. Stir in the pepper, cumin, salt, garlic powder, and chili powder in a bowl. Make sure that all of these spices are well incorporated.
- Get the lean steak and rub the steak with the rub you created beforehand. Make sure that you coat all the sides of the steak for a better tasting end product.
- Heat the non-stick pan over medium heat. To ensure that the steak won’t stick, spray the frying pan with the non-stick spray.
- Once the pan is hot, sear both sides of the steak for 45-60 seconds.
- After searing the steak, cover the pan and set the heat to the lowest setting.
- Allow the steak to cook for an additional 3-6 minutes (depending on your preference).
- After cooking the steak for a few minutes, allow it to cool 3-5 minutes before slicing it up. Allowing the steak to rest for a few minutes after cooking will allow the juices to seep in the steak.
- Serve the steak with the Mexican salsa you made earlier and enjoy!
That’s it! Again, this is a great recipe for the second sub-phase of phase 3. Shed those pounds off without sacrificing taste and great food, this hCG diet approved Mexican Steak should be in your menu list until you end your hCG diet journey.