When you’re on the hCG diet, it is recommended to eat only three times a day. That is the major meals of the day which is breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Although most people can live with that, not a lot of people can control their hunger pangs. Some people suffer from severe hunger pangs and the only way for them to remedy it is by eating.
If you’re one of the people who has severe hunger pangs and you’re on the hCG diet, do not worry. I will share with you a guilt-free snack recipe that is not only healthy but also safe to eat as a snack no matter which phase of the hCG diet you’re in.
Today, we are going to cook the hCG Diet Baked Onion Rings. I really do not have much to say other than this snack contains only a few calories and it satisfies the vegetable requirement when you’re on the hCG diet.
So, without further delay, here are all the ingredients that you will need to make some hCG Diet Baked Onion Rings:
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rings
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Get a small bowl and combine both the milk and the vinegar. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Get a shallow dish and line the sliced onion rings in it and then pour the milk mixture into it. Allow it to marinate for an hour.
- Next, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Get a baking tray and then line it with a baking sheet or parchment paper then grease it with a few sprays of the olive oil spray.
- Get another bowl and then combine the corn flour and the whole wheat flour and basil as well.
- Then, get your onion rings and then coat them with the flour mixture. Make sure that the onion rings get an even coating to ensure maximum flavor.
- Place the onion rings on the baking tray lined with the parchment paper or baking sheet and then spray it again with olive oil spray. Just spray it just enough to coat the onion rings a little bit.
- Put the baking tray with the onion rings and allow it to bake for a good 10 to 15 minute or until the rings turn slightly brown.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of salt, serve and enjoy!
The hCG Diet Baked Onion Rings contains only a few calories at around 25-30 for every three onion rings.
If you want a guilt-free snack during any phase of the hCG diet, then the hCG Diet Baked Onion Rings will cure those hunger pangs without any worries.